No products in the cart.
Starting from: 0,06 €
Professional high-quality literary translation from English to Italian of novels, essays, short stories, and non-fiction books from English to Italian. Parole in Linea provides a range of packages to suit your needs, from individual book translation to ongoing translation services for publishers and literary agents.
Are you a publisher or a literary agency? Get in touch via email.
Literary translation is always to the translator’s native language: EN>IT, i.e., from US/UK English to Italian.
! As a bilingual translator with a C2 CEFR level of English proficiency, I offer top-quality translation services from English to Italian and from Italian to English.
My in-depth knowledge of both languages and cultures allows me to accurately convey the meaning and style of the original text while ensuring that the translation resonates with English-speaking readers.
Professional and High-Quality Translation of Novels, Essays, and Short Stories
If you’re an author, publisher, or literary agent looking to expand your audience by making your works accessible in Italian, Parole in Linea literary translation services can help you to reach your target.
Parole in Linea is specialized in translating and localizing literary texts from English to Italian, ensuring that your works retain their original style and meaning while adapting them to the target culture.
What is literary translation?
Literary translation is the translation and localization process of a literary text from one language (source language) to another (target language).
Unlike other types of translation, literary translation involves transposing the words from the source language to the target language and adapting the text to the target culture to enhance the reader’s experience.
Generally, the translator reads the text, then translates and localizes it, and then proofreads and formats the layout according to the basic page layout styles.
Translation vs. Localization
The difference between translation and localization is the adaptation of the text.
- The translation is limited to the direct transposition of the text from one language to another, keeping it as much as possible similar to the original version;
- Localization transposes text from one language to another by adapting it to the target culture, so localization goes beyond translation.
For example, the idiomatic Italian expression “In bocca al lupo” is equivalent to the idiomatic English expression “Break a leg” in the context of theater performances but would be meaningless if translated literally.
|Break a leg||Rompiti una gamba||In bocca al lupo|
It is essential to evaluate whether and which elements of a novel a translator needs to localize. This is because it enhances the reading experience of the translated text as similar as possible to that of the original text.
Parole in Linea Literary translation process
To ensure the highest quality translations, Parole in Linea follows a standard criteria process for each literary text:
- A preliminary reading of the text to evaluate the elements to localize and the recurrences.
- Translation of the text with localization of the identified elements.
- Proofreading of the text to clean it from typos and spelling mistakes.
- General text formatting with the standard styles (title, paragraph…), font, and dialogues uniformity (corporal, quotation marks…).
What we need to translate your book
To translate your novel, essay, or short story, we require the manuscript in .doc or .docx format. The total number of words you purchase should match the total words in the Word file.
If you need assistance, please get in touch with us before submitting the file.
- Please have the text in .doc or .docx format at hand when you begin the purchase process. It will help you calculate the total number of words to buy.
- You can attach it to the billing form that you will find in the purchase procedure.
What you will get and when
Once the translation is complete, you’ll receive a file in the same format you sent it, containing your translated, corrected, and formatted text.
For novels and essays, the translation process takes between 30 to 90 days, depending on the complexity and length.
Short stories can be translated in as little as 7 days or up to 30 days.
We’ll send you the deadline to the email you used in the purchase.
If you have any doubts or questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
|Terms and Conditions of Sale|
1. The subject matter of this agreement (from now on the "Agreement") is the provision of translation (from now on the "Performance") between the purchaser (from now on the "Client" and Parole in Linea di Cristina Mantione (from now on the "Provider") by means of text-to-text transposition from English to Italian and/or vice versa.
|Return And Refund Policy|
1. The right of withdrawal to the purchase of translations is as provided in the relevant legislation, that is, 14 days from the date of purchase.
Parole in Linea –
Cristina has translated one of my books. She goes above and beyond in translation and editing services to make everything perfect. Highly responsive and precise worker. I truly appreciated our cooperation. I happily recommend her here on LinkedIn.
Richard Lowe Jr.
Ghostwriter and Blogger